Wireless LAN Solution :
The mobile user requires the same accessibility, security, quality-of-service (QoS), and high availability currently enjoyed by wired users. Whether you are at work, at home, on the road, locally or internationally, there is a need to connect. The technological challenges are apparent, but to this end, mobility plays a role for everyone. Companies are deriving business value from mobile and wireless solutions. What was once a vertical market technology is now mainstream, and is an essential tool in getting access to voice, real-time information, and critical applications such as email and calendar, enterprise databases, supply chain management, sales force automation, and customer relationship management.
WLANs provide the user with a new way to communicate while accommodating the way business is done now. The following benefits are achieved by WLANs:
● Mobility within building or campus - Facilitates implementation of applications that require an always-on network and that tend to involve movement within a campus environment.
● Convenience - Simplifies networking of large, open people areas.
● Flexibility - Allows work to be done at the most appropriate or convenient place rather than where a cable drop terminates. Getting the work done is what is important, not where you are.
● Easier to set-up temporary spaces - Promotes quick network setup of meeting rooms, war rooms, or brainstorming rooms tailored to variations in the number of participants.
● Lower cabling costs - Reduces the requirement for contingency cable plant installation because the WLAN can be employed to fill the gaps.
● Easier adds, moves, and changes and lower support and maintenance costs - Temporary networks become much easier to set up, easing migration issues and costly last-minute fixes.
● Improved efficiency - Studies show WLAN users are connected to the network 15 percent longer per day than hard-wired users.
● Productivity gains - Promotes easier access to network connectivity, resulting in better use of business productivity tools. Productivity studies show a 22 percent increase for WLAN users.
● Easier to collaborate - Facilitates access to collaboration tools from any location, such as meeting rooms; files can be shared on the spot and requests for information handled immediately.
● More efficient use of office space - Allows greater flexibility for accommodating groups, such as large team meetings.
● Reduce errors - Data can be directly entered into systems as it is being collected, rather than when network access is available.
● Improved efficiency, performance, and security for enterprise partners and guests - Promoted by implementing guest access networks.
● Improved business resilience - Increased mobility of the workforce allows rapid redeployment to other locations with WLANs.
For more information, please feel free to contact us (Phone: (66) 2619 0444)
Reference : www.cisco.com